Requests for repeat prescriptions should be made by ticking the items you require on the tear-off slip on your current prescription form. You can then either:
- Email the Surgery - email@example.com
- Ask your local Pharmacist for details of collection and delivery service
- Follow the link above to the online form. If you are ordering medication this way and you have not had this prescription from the surgery before please enter in the comments box if this medication was started by a Consultant.
- If you are asking a chemist to collect your prescription from the surgery you must contact the chemist yourself to arrange this . Please be aware that you might need to give the chemist longer than 72 hours for ordering and collection of your repeat prescription. The chemist of your choice will be able to advise you regarding their time scales.
- PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU LEAVE CONTACT DETAILS eg. email address, home telephone number or mobile telephone number. We may need to contact you regarding your repeat prescription.
Common problems arising with medication requests
MEDICATION NOT ON REPEAT – if you require medication that you cannot see on Patient Access please use the AccuRx link on the main page to request this. Please be advised this can take up to 3 working days. Please indicate on the form if you have less than 3 days worth of medication.
REQUESTING EARLY – we try to prevent waste through stockpiling of medicines. If you need to order early, please give a reason with your request e.g. going on holiday. Failure to do so may lead to your medication request being refused.
OVERDUE FOR YOUR CHECKUP – we have a duty to ensure that your medicines are prescribed safely and we will remind you to come in for appropriate tests and checkups. If reminders are ignored, we may reduce your medication supply until you have had your blood test or appropriate checkup.
KEEPING MEDICINES RECORDS UP TO DATE – please let us know if you have decided to stop any medication so we can update your records. It is important that you let your pharmacist or doctor know if you are having any problems with your medication.
REQUESTING MEDICINES THAT YOU ONLY NEED OCCASIONALLY – please let us know the name of the medication requested and reason why it is requested. For example stating “eczema cream” is not very specific and this will lead to delay in medication being issued.
URGENT MEDICATION REQUESTS
When you request a medication urgently because you have run out, we will clinically assess if it is urgent for today. Unless a prescription is required to prevent immediate harm all requests will be dealt with as a routine repeat request.
Please note we do not accept requests for repeat prescriptions over the telephone.
Prescriptions will generally be ready 72 working hours after receipt by the Practice, sometimes they do take a little longer, so please plan ahead. Please remember to plan ahead for Bank Holidays when the surgery will be closed and requests will not be actioned.